City Break in Athens, my humble first book

And book it is. Or booklet if you prefer. After three months of writing, studying and researching here it is: my very first book, a travel guide for the city of Athens, Greece.
YiaSuCover
Collecting all the information needed for writing this travel guide wasn’t difficult at all to me. I had already gathered it while working for Yia Su, a successful travel service for those who want to plan their trip to Athens. What was most challenging to me was bringing this book to life.
English is my second language, so proofreading was essential. And maps; non travel guide should be published without maps in it.

I struggled to find a solution and by the time I hit a desperation point, there was a revelation: Fiverr.com.

I had never heard of Fiverr before until I came across one of my Twitter friends tweet. That was it. Now I wasn’t only able to hire skilled proof-readers and I also could work with talented map creators! And that happened only a month ago.

As soon I got my stuff proof-read and my maps created, all I had to do was convert my files into a PDF file. I created my booklet using Microsoft Publisher. All I had to do was to click the “File” tab and choose “Save As.” That displayed the “Save As” dialog. After I gave a name to my file, I clicked “OK” and that was it.

I’m not a US resident and that means getting published on Amazon or Barnes and Noble would be time consuming. There are several actions I have to do in order to create an author account and I have to double check my options.

That’s why I decided to start my self-publishing career in the most humble way. I listed my ebook on Yia Su Etsy shop. You can check it if you click on this link:


City Break in Athens, is live and right is all that matters to me. I’ve taken my first step into self-publishing industry. The road I have to travel is long and the possibility of failure has been always hiding around the corner.

But if I don’t take my chances, I’ll never know what the final destination of this trip is…

Comments