Alyson Grauer 's Top 10 and 'On the Isle of Sound and Wonder' plus #Giveaway
Author Alyson Grauer is on her Book Tour promoting her steampunk novel On the Isle of Sound and Wonder and today she's making a stop on my blog with a fun Top 10. Enjoy!
Top 10 favorite things in general (in no particular order):
1. Perfumes and scented candles. I love things that smell good!
2. Tea. All tea. All the time. All kinds. Tea tea tea.
3. Nature. I love being outdoors, and I love animals.
4. Travel!!!! Go everywhere, see everything. Or only a few things. But just go. I don't understand folks who don't travel or who refuse to try it. I adore going new places.
6. Dialects. I love learning new ones and I love meeting people with specific dialect influences. It fascinates me. As does language in general. (See #4.)
7. Geek culture. I love comic books, movies, TV, collectibles, conventions. It sounds vague but I love being a nerd.
8. Cheese. Grilled cheese. Mac and cheese. Cheese curds. Cheese sticks. String cheese. Cheese dip. (I'm originally from Wisconsin. I refuse to apologize for this.)
9. Costuming and cosplay! Love an excuse to dress up and pretend to be cooler than I actually am. :)
10. Making art with people who like to make good art. Whether it's theatre, painting, dance, music, literature or any other type or medium...I love when minds come together in a completely unique and magical way to tell stories.
All but alone, wild but resourceful, Mira dreams of life beyond the shores of her mystical island. Isolated by her father, a dark sorcerer bent on vengeance, she has only his servants, an air spirit and a misshapen cast-off, to share her company.
When Dante conjures a terrible storm to wash ashore his mortal enemies, Mira must choose between her loyalties to her father and what she knows is right.
Sail the skies and soar the seas surrounding this Isle of Sound and Wonder as Alyson Grauer masterfully retells William Shakespeare’s classic, The Tempest, bedecked in the trappings of Steampunk.